Friday 25 September 2009

Shepherd's Pie

I don't normally go in for cutsie individual serving sizes, but I couldn't resist making this shepherd's pie, and anyway there wasn't enough lamb to make a bigger pie. This recipe used up a couple of chops that had been in the fridge for long enough. It's not even really worth a recipe, just whizz up the lamb in the food processor, then fry off quickly with a clove of garlic, then add a good glug of mushroom ketchup. Put in a dish (mini-Le Creuset not compulsory), top with mash potato and then bake in the oven until it's bubbling and the top is brown. Serve with creamy leeks (or other green vegetable). Perfect comfort food.

3 comments:

  1. Oh it's so cute and delicious-looking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like individual servings to be honest, you get more of the crispy potato edge. Which I love..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I think I am going to repeat this as you definately get more edges to yourself!

    ReplyDelete